Congratulations are in order, happy wedding planning! This is a very exciting time for you, your partner and all of your nearest and dearest. Saying that, we also know how stressful it can be to plan a wedding. At the end of the day, it’s one of the most magical and important days of your life, we know you want it to be unforgettable. This blog is our simple guide to wedding planning.
We aren’t going to lie, as wedding planners in the North West, we know there is a lot for you to think about when it comes to ensuring that all of your wedding preparations are in place. The first thing we would suggest as wedding planning experts is to purchase a wedding planner book. Within this, you can make lots of notes and jot down any ideas you have leading up to finalising the plans for your wedding day.
You’ll need to make lots of plans for your wedding day. Obviously you’ll need a venue, food options and wedding attire, but many often push things like transport and venue decoration to one side. We have a skilled team of wedding planners in Lancashire who can ensure that the smaller details don’t get left behind. If you’re wondering about things to plan for a wedding, you can rely on us.
Event planning for your wedding
Maybe you’re after a quiet day with just a few guests or maybe you’ve always dreamt of a huge fairytale wedding, either way you may have to consider event planning for your wedding. Some couples choose to have lots of entertainment on their wedding day such as singers or even magicians, the choice is yours!
You’ll definitely need some music so you’ll have to decide whether you’re after a DJ, a live band or a singer. If you’ve got other ideas regarding your wedding entertainment, don’t be shy, contact us and we can see if we can make it happen for you.
A basic wedding checklist
The first step that needs adding to your wedding checklist is to set a budget, this is a very important step that should guide you through every decision regarding your marriage plans.
After you’ve announced your engagement to family and friends, you can begin organising a venue and potentially sending out save the date cards. This is the time to start gathering inspiration, why not create a wedding mood board?
Wedding reception planning
Planning your wedding reception is very exciting. As we mentioned, you may choose to have some form of entertainment so it’s important to sort that early to avoid disappointment. As well as providing your guests with entertainment, you’ll need to make the venue look nice. Many venues do not offer any decorations and therefore it’s important to cover this if you want a bespoke experience.
As wedding planners in the North West, we have a team of highly experienced staff who travel around the country to provide bespoke wedding decoration solutions. Our team has years of experience and therefore we have built long lasting relationships with some of the best suppliers across the country. We provide a stress free experience for each couple and work hard to ensure that each couple is happy with the wedding planning process every step of the way.
Wedding planning tips
- Work together. You and your partner are about to embark on a very exciting journey, working together to plan your wedding day makes it even more special.
- Plan a timeframe. Creating a time frame is important as it gives you something to work towards. Before you set a date, ensure that your venue can accommodate it for you.
- Book early. If you already know a few items that are essential to your big day and you know they’re in high demand, book them early! You don’t want to leave it too late and be disappointed.
- Talk to couples. This one seems obvious but so many couples forget to ask questions to others who have recently tied the knot. Asking questions is a great way to learn what works on a wedding day. Of course, don’t feel pressured to do things how your friend did just because it worked for them.
- Slow down. Remember that you don’t need to have every tiny detail in place years before your big day. Take each day as it comes, you don’t want to look back and only remember feeling stressed out.
Planning your wedding is such an exciting time, it’s your day to have whatever you want. Creative Venue Stylists can be on hand to help you create an unforgettable experience, we specialise in creating one of a kind weddings and have a very close relationship with each couple.
If you need help with your wedding plans, get in contact with us, we’re more than happy to offer advice and help to bring your ideas to life.